How to pass SMPTE KLV metadata in a pipeline
Josh Doe
2011-11-16 14:37:40 UTC
I'm interested in what might be the best way to pass SMPTE KLV
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLV) metadata in GStreamer. There are
already several elements that could be producing/consuming KLV data
(mxfmux, mxfdemux, mpegtsmux, mpegtsdemux). It would be nice to have a
standard way of communicating this data, so these and other elements
can interoperate. Perhaps KLV packets can be sent as their own stream,
or as events? Anyone else interested in this?

-Josh
Durrand, Paul (Contractor)
2011-11-29 02:41:57 UTC
UNCLASSIFIED

Hi Josh,

As you know, I posted a similar question in July this year. Since then 3
or 4 people have contacted me off-list asking if I got anywhere. There
appears to be an interest in the ability read and write KLV.

Paul

I'm interested in what might be the best way to pass SMPTE KLV
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLV) metadata in GStreamer. There are
already several elements that could be producing/consuming KLV data
(mxfmux, mxfdemux, mpegtsmux, mpegtsdemux). It would be nice to have a
standard way of communicating this data, so these and other elements can
interoperate. Perhaps KLV packets can be sent as their own stream, or as
events? Anyone else interested in this?

-Josh

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.
Sebastian Dröge
2011-11-29 07:27:32 UTC
Post by Durrand, Paul (Contractor)
UNCLASSIFIED
Hi Josh,
As you know, I posted a similar question in July this year. Since then 3
or 4 people have contacted me off-list asking if I got anywhere. There
appears to be an interest in the ability read and write KLV.
Hi Josh and Paul,

there's definitely some interest in this and part of this (the KLV
parsing/generating) is already implemented in the MXF plugin. This only
has to be improved and get better interfaces.