Query regarding Dolby Atmos support in gstreamer
Sanjay Gupta
2017-05-10 19:51:11 UTC
Hi,
is Dolby Atmos support available in Gstreamer?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay
Terry Shultz
2017-05-10 21:51:48 UTC
Hello ,

ATMOS at present is supported on HDMI/HDCP transfers

I would think GStreamer support is not viable due to content protection issues.

It would be a good question for Dolby as streaming content options are something to be discussed.

Terry
Nicolas Dufresne
2017-05-10 23:31:23 UTC
Le 10 mai 2017 4:06 PM, "Sanjay Gupta" <***@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi,
is Dolby Atmos support available in Gstreamer?

FFMPEG does not have support, neither other open source library. As I
understood it, it's also complex object oriented format that requires
special mixers. I think that if someone is willing to sort this out and
implement, we will welcome this work. That question for now is if there is
any uses were you don't have the proprietary codec.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay